Friday, September 18, 2015

Arwyn Week 7: Big Sister/Little Sister - 8/6/2015

Daddy was gone this week, attending Uncle Worm's wedding, so I had my first experience being a single parent with two kids...brutal!!  Actually I was fortunate to get lots of extra help from Nana and Poppy, and Leia had some sort of sixth sense telling her to sleep more, which was so helpful for Mommy, both for the extra sleep it gave me and for the extra time I needed to attend to Arwyn.  Arwyn also seemed to have that same sixth sense, sleeping extra at some very critical times, but there were also plenty of times she got left alone to scream and cry while I attended to Leia, which made me so sad.

Leia has started kicking and hitting a lot, which is no fun.  Partially she does it out of frustration, and partially because she likes to "make us sad" so that she can then do something to make us happy.  Guess we're finally starting to see more and more of the signs of a jealous sibling!  She's also asking to be cradled like a baby a lot during our bedtime singing routine.

On the funny side, when we are playing (me, Leia, some dolls, and maybe Arwyn), she likes to say "Ok guys, now we're going to..., ok guys..." Definitely sounds like something she picked up at school.  She also had these crazy eagle eyes because one day I had put a box of granola bars on the top shelf of the pantry, positioned in a way that there was no way you could tell what it was, and we had never has bars in our pantry before.  All of a sudden she says she wants a bar, I say we don't have any, but she points and says "there!"  I was totally flabbergasted.

Arwyn is even more smiley than last week, with lots of happy coos.  So fun how babies make you smile with the littlest things.  She's also having a harder time napping in the days, causing lots of evening exhaustion and crankiness...kinda messes up all our attempts at nice romantic dinners!


My wild little 80's material girl loves her dress up!

Our little chia pet...water her hair and watch it fro!

Put up your dukes!



Looks so grown up when they pull her hair back into a pony tail!

Sitting up and smiling for Nana!

Poppy snuggles are pretty tough to beat.



Now there's a happy girl!

Loves to look at so many things!



Modeling their big sister/little sister shirts from the Orobona's!

Couldn't get them to both smile at the same time.

Help Mom, what's she doing to me??



Ok really, I've had enough of this torture!


Hugs!

Dance party!


"Arywn wants to hug!"

I actually think that Leia wants to hug...Arwyn just tolerates it!


The Little Sister!

The Big Sister, giving us a very in depth explanation of how things work!


Remember playing the recorder??

I just love that sweet face.

More dress up fun!

Uh oh, diaper-less poops in Mommy's lap!

Help Dad, emergency clean up on Aisle 1!


Little goof!


Now there's a nice smile...and it's even during tummy time!

My dinner and dishes partner in crime!

Always need to protect your valuables!

Big Sister Leia!

More snuggles.

So much love!


Swing fun!



Little Sister Arwyn...always has to keep her fists up because you never know when she'll have to fend off an over-bearing big sister!

So much pink...is this really happening in my house? Ugh!


Pulled out the Princess Leia shoes...still a little big.

I love looking down at this cutie pie.

Fun activity of the week...watching the tractor!

"They knocked the house down!"  (She could not stop talking about it!)

Open-air living room.

And it's officially gone, so sad!


No comments: