Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Leia Week 97: Leia Drives The Scout - 5/6/2015

Now that Leia is sooo tall (and very close to 2 years old), we finally turned her carseat facing forward.   It's like a whole new world!  I actually did it last week for our drive down to the bay area, hoping that it would get me a little extra peace from her screaming and annoyance of being in the car.  I think it got me about 25 extra minutes, not the 3.5 hours I was hoping for!  But it is easier to hand her stuff when she drops it and starting crying for it, so that's nicer, and it's fun for her to get a better view of all the tractors and school buses that we pass.  However, no more front seat privacy for Mommy...can't sneak my car snacks and not share with her, which is a problem since I don't want her eating in the car!  Oh well, we'll have to work on that.

The other thing that helped on the car trip was playing all her kids songs for her.  And it was particularly fun to listen to her get so excited about the Bumble Bee song: "Squishing up my baby bumble bee...ewww, it's yucky!"  She was singing along at the top of her lungs and got such a kick out of these lyrics.  I think we listened to this one on repeat for 20+ minutes straight.  It's so fun to listen to her learn the lyrics and sing along.

She also made progress with her self dressing this week...we had a successful over the head shirt application.  I was so surprised when I looked over and realized she had put it on all by herself and didn't need me!

Great Aunt Joanne came up to visit with our family this week.  It was really fun to have her around to play with both Leia and Emmett.  However, I am really sorry to say that I did not get any pictures!  It wasn't totally my fault, I did try, but seems like we were all too busy doing stuff to stop and pose that entire week.  Oh well, we'll just have to keep our fun memories.

Leia is also starting to sing so much.  When Josh or I sing her to sleep at night, she's singing along and pretty much knows all the verses to all the songs.  It's really fun to make it a duet now!  Plus, more and more she just starts singing to herself and her baby.  In the morning on the monitor we hear her singing, and she is constantly rocking her baby in her arms and singing her to sleep, just like Josh and I do for her.  All this imitation is so cool to watch!

Hanging out at Nana and Poppy's.


Apparently she was really thirsty!

Poppy has the magic touch to make Leia calm and happy!

This is a girl who needs her stuff...Mine!

Happy Daddy with his little girl!

Leia loves her hot tubby!

You can't tell me that these two don't have any fun together!



When your 2 year old is being really tantrumie, full of tears, and extremely Mommy needy and you don't have time to deal with her, it works out great to lock her in your Scout to drive to her heart's content...perfect baby sitter!

Seriously, driving is her new favorite thing!

So fired up!

She does look good in there!

Leia's in a phase where she needs to take everything she likes to bed with her...tonight that included several of her favorite books and her snow shovel!


Leia and the Hot Tub Trust Falls from Katharine Transue on Vimeo.

Gotta love our hot tub time!

So many laughs!

She must feel really sick to actually want to chill out and snuggle...this never happens...so cute!

No comments: