Saturday, July 11, 2015

Leia Week 103: Last Week of Running Solo - 6/17/2015

This was Leia's last week as an only child, and she was surprisingly mellow and accepting about her place in life compared to how she's been in the weeks leading up to now.  She was also really loving, cute, and fun to play with all week.  One cute thing she loves to do is in the hot tub.  She catches water in her hands from the little fountain and comes over to me saying "pony?" (which is what we call pony tails) and proceeds to rub the water in my hair and style it just so.  Then she puts her hands on either side of my chin, looks me straight in the face, smiling and admiring her work, and says, "You're perfect!"  It is the cutest thing!

Leia is also still impressing us with her words and comprehension of concepts.  I had read somewhere that kids her age should be using 3 word sentences by now, but she has been using 5 word or more sentences for quite some time now!  And it was really funny the other day, I was making soup for her, and she says to me, "Careful Mommy, soup hot, have to be careful!" with her hands up by either side of her face in a universal cautionary gesture.  Where does she get this stuff?!  And when she got pink eye, it was absolutely amazing how she was able me make a comparison to describe exactly how she was feeling: "There's a porcupine in my eye!"  So advanced!!

Another nice thing that's been happening is that my little TURDle dove who has always been so anti-diaper changes has started requesting diaper changes, and even climbs up on the changing table and waits for me to come take care of it.  Really?  Unfortunately she's still avoiding the potty, but she's definitely more aware about her body functions, so I know it's just a decision she has to make and then it will come quickly.

Also, as I mentioned last week, she always tells me to sing louder for "Happy Know It," so I finally just did it without waiting for her to ask me, and what does she say? "Mommy, too loud!"  So ridiculous!

On a mission to move all the water from her water table into her sandbox via the dump truck.

Chillin' with Aunt Stacia and Emmett.

Hopping on the Daddy bridge is the better option when the creek is so cold!

Snuggles with Daddy and "watching Yaya."

Always a new fun toy from MorMor when we show up at Nana and Poppy's!

This baby in my tunny is moving like crazy and stretching my belly into crazy shapes!

The "before" picture of the new baby room.

The "during" picture of our baby room revamp.  

Got some awesome new cabinets made for the dead space in the A-Frame.


And the "after" picture!

Cool turquoise crackle job that took us forever to do...4 layers and very difficult application process.

The crackle sure looks great, but man is it difficult and stressful to do properly!

Orange walls and turquoise cabinets...it's going to be a very fun room!



No comments: