Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Arwyn Week 43: Golfing Girls - 4/14/2016

Arwyn is becoming more and more of a responsive little person every day (as you would expect)!  Like Leia, Arwyn really likes Joe at school.  So the other day when we were leaving, we said bye to Joe (whose lap Arwyn had been sitting in for quite awhile) and waived.  Arwyn stuck out her arm and waived at him too, it was so cute!  She loves to snuggle and play with me after a feeding session, doing all the fun things to me that she likes having done to her.  She was leaning in to nuzzle her forehead on me like Josh does to her, but she doesn't quite know her strength yet, so she came in a little hot and gave me a full on head-butt on the nose!  A little painful but definitely well intentioned.  I plopped her on the little bike the other day, and she actually sat there and hung on for quite awhile, and was able to dismount by herself very gracefully.  We tried some new food, chicken, and she got a pretty bad rash.  Unfortunately, I still can't conclusively say if it was the dairy or the chicken, so I guess we'll have to bite the bullet and stop both again for a test.  Ugh, and just when I thought I'd get to eat cheese again soon!  She did like the Zucchini Tots that we made, so that was a good addition to her finger food repertoire.  Finally, we went to see Dr. Barta for her 9 month check up, and she's still practically perfect, and cruising along in the 50th percentile for her growth.

Leia had a pretty good week.  She still has a daily tantrum about something, but they are not usually so long or intense, and definitely not as frequent, so all our new parenting skills are definitely paying off.  I know I'm not nearly as stressed or angry, so that's the most important!  She had more fun play dates with Echo, and they did a great job of sharing.  She was happy and cooperative when I told her that Poppy was coming to stay with her for a few hours, and she didn't even try to kick him out when I got home.  Plus, she actually ate hot dogs and a whole chicken drumstick (and liked them), so we may be slowly exiting our little vegetarian phase, which is great news!  She liked the Peter Pan Tots (aka Zucchini Tots), but only the first time.  Small victories!  After the last few weeks of her not really wanting to ski, I got her to "promise" that she'd go with me this week.  Low and behold, she did!  It didn't hurt that Daddy was going to meet up with us on the mountain for a little, but who's counting?  Anyway, she did great: let Josh just hold onto the leash for most of it, was mostly controlling her own speed, and even made some turns!  All in all a success. I just hope we get out a couple more times before we have to call it a season.

Snuggle time with this little cutie is just the best!

Leia was so psyched to be swinging with her baby sister!

So fired up to feel the breeze in her hair!

There's that little pointer!


She was having so much fun...laughing, grinning, and wiggling her feet with delight!

Password = Arwyn



Big girls getting the synchronized double push from Brad!

Password = Leia




Couldn't pay her to wear this on Halloween, but now it's her new favorite outfit!

Daddy might just get his little golfer after all!

But with the heart purse also in tow, don't think there's much hope she'll be a golfer of the lesbian variety!

Ready to hit the links!

What do you think, can you keep up with me?


Good girl, carrying her own bag!




"Where's my caddy? I think I'm missing some clubs here and they're very dirty!"

Password = Leia




Vroom, vroom! Saddled up like a pro!

She likes the feel of these new clubs...maybe Daddy will get his lesbian golfer after all!

Just can't resist that great smile!

Dinnertime antics with these goofy girls!

Check out that chicken bone, licked clean!!





1 comment:

sfbpo said...

Great memories are in the works. I have a video of the synchronized swinging... I'll send it to you.