Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Leia Week 84: Springtime in February - 2/4/2014

It is so fun watching Leia's vocabulary and skills make huge leaps every day.  This week she's starting to put strings of words together when she imitates us.  If Josh grabs her in a bear hug and says "I got you!", she'll grab him back and reply "I got you!"  A few more favorites are "let's find baby,"  "I'm coming," "I foun it," "You get away," (followed by shoving either Josh or I out of the way) and "I fick it" (aka., I fix it).  It's really exciting.  We took a week off from skiing, but it was nice and sunny, so we enjoyed other outdoor adventures (including lots of hot tub time...she pretty much doesn't let a day go by without requesting a dip in the "hot tubby").  After hitting a pretty dark spot, I decided to take control of my life, get off my nausea meds (they were making me so tired and I was still nauseous anyway), and get out for a little exercise.  Leia doesn't like the stroller, she won't walk far, and she's too heavy to carry, so I decided to throw her in the back pack and try hiking (that ways she's up at my level interacting with me, but not a burden on my arms).  The pack was really heavy (mostly because she is really heavy!), it was hard to keep it from squashing my belly, and the whole thing was exhausting, so I didn't make it too far, but all in all, a successful adventure.  Hopefully more to come.

We had our 19 week ultrasound as well, so we have our first pictures of little #2! Plus a quick peak at my current belly size.

Look who discovered our awesome palm hat that we made in Jamaica!  I like that Party Hat!

Fun Super Bowl Party with the Leunigs and the Shirleys.

Pretty psyched to be allowed to watch TV and eat in the living room...party rules!

Dancing to the music of the half time show!

Fun hike up Shirley Canyon with Mom...we were both bummed that we forgot the water bottle though!

Checking out the raging waterfalls...not normal for February!

Fun afternoon with Mommy and Leia.

Getting goofy for the camera!

We asked her for the first time to smile for the camera...this is what we got!

Thanks Uncle Worm for the Worm Shoes...these are her new favorite slippers!

Daddy Day dress up party!

Big air!

More fun with dressing up...these slippers are so cute but totally deadly...almost had a first twisted ankle...time to toss those things out!

Belly at 19 Weeks.

3D of Baby Girl at 19 weeks.  Looks a bit like Leia did at this time:)

Another view, better of the hands, but now the face it a bit scary!


No comments: