Wednesday, May 16, 2018

L&A Years 4&2 Week 44: Adventures in Home Tent Sleeping - 4/26/2018

Leia officially has a new alter ego named "New Leia."  We actually love "New Leia" because she is the total package of the dream daughter who does everything right and never puts up a fuss.  "Now Mommy," she says to me, "you know I do a different routine around the house in the mornings now.  Now i brush my teeth, wash my hands, brush my hair, and get dressed by myself."  Great, I say, but of course 96% of the time she does absolutely none of it.  Oh well, at least it's a good goal to have.  Maybe we'll get there.  I think New Leia came about because she's trying to be really good to earn her new big girl bed, but with her current follow through rate, it's going to take a long time to get to 30 days of being good!!  Leia was so exciting to put up the new tent we got from our friends the Pieruccis.  She and Arwyn hung out in it most of the day, and Leia took a nap in it two days in a row. And she even wanted to spend the night in it!  She stuck it out by herself out there even when we made it clear that we wouldn't be sleeping in there with her.  Josh did agree to come out later at his bedtime, mostly because he didn't think she'd make it that long, but ended up waking her up to tell her that he was abandoning her because he couldn't fall asleep.  We sure didn't think she'd last as long as she did, but come midnight, it became pretty clear that she was committed!  She lasted until 4:30 am, when she woke up with a crazy asthma type attack that sounded like croup.  I gave her a doTerra Breath Drop, which cleared up her raspy breathing pretty quickly actually, and she fell back asleep with us.  I have no idea what caused the problem, maybe the cold??, but I have no doubt she would have lasted all night if she hadn't had that happen to her.  They did have a great Daddy Day this week, both going to Singing Class, and painting rocks together.  Leia cracked me up this week with her new nick name for our friend Biby.  She was trying to claim this special lotion as hers, rather than as a family thing, and yelled out, "Mom, that's mine!  BB8 gave it to me!"

Arwyn must be learning about names in school, because she's always talking about them these days.  She loves to be called her nick name, "Googie Wewbie," and she had this to say to Leia when Leia tried to call her Arwyn Jean Transue: "Leia, don't call me that.  That's my long name!"  It was pretty funny.  Funny is actually Arwyn's theme this week.  We had another funny episode when she walked into the bathroom one day and saw Josh's new artwork on the wall.  "Hey, look.  That's Darth Vader.  He's going potty, just like me!"  It was like the most earth shattering realization!  Arwyn also wanted to nap with Leia in the new Taj Mahal tent that we got, but she just couldn't fall asleep.  She kept talking, fidgeting, and freaking out about bugs.  Finally I agreed to lay down with her, but that didn't help either.  Then she's still fidgeting and trying to rest her water bottle on my head, and managed to whack me in the eye.  Oh my gosh, it hurt so badly!  I ended up with a full on black eye, and I was so pissed I threw that stupid water bottle, and pulled her right out of that tent.  Needless to say, she was upset, and the while napping thing didn't really go too well that day.  But after that, Josh built her a little tent inside her room, so she practiced sleeping in a tent every night and nap for over a week.  She's pretty good at the inside tent thing now, so we'll see how that translates to the outdoors.  She did have lots of problems with rolling of the pillow, and right out of the tent.  The first morning I couldn't even see her, and two other nights she woke up crying because she was several feet away from the tent stuck half way under a dresser!  Not sure how's she's getting so screwed up, but regardless of the tent situation, apparently she still needs work sleeping in a non-walled bed!



My friend Anika and I at the Arbonne Global Training Conference in Las Vegas.  The arena was completely packed, it was like some huge crazy concert or something!

Some of my awesome teammates.

I love all my Arbonne products, and it was so cool learning about the new stuff.

Kinda funny, for some reason security didn't want people sitting on the ground for pictures.  Had to snap and jump up quickly!

Kicking my dehydration headache with a little PhytoSport Hydration Drink!



The Taj Mahal has officially relocated to Squaw Valley...who's ready to go camping!

Hanging out in the tent all day...they definitely know how to embrace camp life!




Arwyn the Kitty Cat, Meow!



Such a loving big sister!

Sisters snuggling at nap time.  Notice Arwyn is wide awake and giggling, not getting drowsy!

Thanks Nana and Poppy for the new camp Bistro Table to go along with the new tent!

I made the mistake of doing a little Eeny Meeny Miny Mo in order to pick between the girls for something one day.  Now it's everyone's favorite game, and they've already figured out how to rig the winner!

Ok, it's 8:10 pm, and Leia is out in the tent on the deck by herself.  Any bets on how long she'll last?


Well, with the late bedtime and early wake up from Leia's overnight tent adventure, I did not get much sleep last night.  Thank goodness for Fizz Sticks and the new Mind Health supplement to keep me focused and sharp during my very busy work day!

Daddy Day Rock Painting!


Arwyn went to sleep in this tent, and I know she's still in this room asleep.  So where the heck is she??

Ok, there are some little feet!

Rolled off the cushion and tucked in the corner!

There you are, good morning sleepyhead!



Added some extra roll cushions, and she stayed on the cushion this night!



Our little ballerina...insist on putting her leotard on almost every evening!


Arwyn's getting pretty graceful and skilled with her ballet dancing.  Hard to believe her only training comes from big sister Leia over the last year!  I love her fancy footwork!!

"Hey, look, that's Darth Vader.  And he's going potty, just like me!"



No comments: