Friday, January 1, 2016

Arwyn Week 27: 6 Month Sweetie - 12/24/2015

Arwyn's big news for the week is that she turned 6 Months Old! She also tried eating Rice Cereal this week, but she did not like it any better than the banana.  In her defense, I gave it to her mixed with water because I didn't have any breast milk on hand, so it really didn't taste much different than cardboard, and I wanted to spit it out too!  She really loves to roll onto her tummy these days, to the point that she pretty much flips over the second you lay her down on her back.  She can roll back to her back, but mostly she just plays on her tummy until she gets pissed and then starts fussing and crying for help.  She's also started to push up and bring her knees under her, so crawling is sure to be in the near future.  She loves to grab at everything she sees.  If you are holding her, she'll try to steal anything you have in your other hand!  She also tell that she's really starting to love and get curious about her big sister.  She's always smiling at Leia and watching her closely to see what she's all about.  It's pretty cute.  Finally, since Leia had that Hand, Foot, & Mouth Disease last week, we figured Arwyn would have it by now since we couldn't seem to stop Leia from snuggling and kissing her constantly.  However, she actually seems to have escaped it.  She got 4 little bumps on her butt, so I got worried and assumed the worst, but it never progressed into anything else.  She also had 4 shots over the weekend, and started eating solid food, so it could have been any number of things causing the mini-rash.  I personally think that Leia had infected me a little, so I was already making anti-bodies that I was passing along to Arwyn, and maybe after the shots her immune system was weakened a little, so she got a bump or two, and then ramped the fight right back up, so it never had a chance to progress.  But that's all non-medical speculation.  Bottom line it, she seems to have avoided it!

Leia demonstrated what a little smarty pants she is this week.  She is really able to make observations about things and then make meaningful conclusions.  For example, on my work days, she always sees me wearing my work scrubs in the mornings.  But on Fridays, I don't work, so I'm not wearing my uniform, but she still goes to school.  She pointed out to me that I was not wearing my work clothes, and I agreed but kind of skirted the subject, indicating that I still was doing work while she was at school.  Later, when I was talking to her teacher Lynsey, she told me that Leia told her that "Mommy not at work today.  Mommy at home."  And Lynsey said, "No, I think she's working."  To which Leia replied, "No, she's not wearing her work clothes so she's not working today."  Smart and observant little bugger that one is!  She is also crazy.  She accompanied me and Arwyn to Arwyn's well-baby check up where she was going to have 4 shots.  Leia was not due for any shots, but kept asking for some anyway.  I assumed that she just wanted the bandaid, so I played along and gave her a pretend shot (a pinch in the arm) and covered it with a bandaid like Arwyn's.  But no, that was not good enough, and she proceeded to fuss and pester me.  "No Mommy, I want a shot in my arm.  The kind that hurts!"  She wouldn't stop about it, to the point that I actually asked the nurse if she would just get a needle and poke her, but of course they said no.  It really took all my best skills to finally distract her and get her onto a different subject.

6 Months Old and bursting with excitement!

Too busy rolling onto her tummy the second she hits the floor to cooperate with a photoshoot on her back!

Feet still make me happy!

Mom, do you see how flexible I am here!

Throw these little piggies into Dady's smoker and I think we'd really be onto something here!

I'm just a smiling machine.


Did I mention that I have these really cute feet?

Hey, don't photograph me right now, I'm not decent!

Oh all right, I'll just pirouette in all my glory!

But really now, on the serious side of things, my heart goes out to all those babies who are less fortunate than me...

And now a dance party...wooooow, break it down!

Whew, that was a big shoot...gettin' a little tired here Mom.

12/18 was the first day skiing for this busy Mom...awesome wind-buff down West Face was definitely worth the wait to have as a first day!

Um, excuse me, I'm pretty sure I told you yesterday that this banana crap was not working for me here!

Now this empty spoon here, I might be able to work with you on this.

Aghhhhh, you put banana on it again!

You keep that banana away from my spoon!

I'm not letting this spoon out of my sight or my grips until you get out of here with that banana!

Arwyn already looks up to her smart and loving big sister!

Getting some bath lessons from Leia.

Kept trying to roll right over; had to hold her down to get a very happy "I Love Auntie" picture!

Leia's first gingerbread house!

Hmmm, it looks great but I just think it's missing something, Dad.

Ta-da, a fish on the crest of the roof...now it's perfect!

"I got my sword, I got my map, and I got my Pixie Dust.  Let's go!"

A very snowy, fun, hour long Christmas Eve hot tub session with Dad!

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...

Hey, look at me, I like being on my tummy these days...well, until I don't!

Hanging with her frog friends.

Too funny! Stop it, you're killing me!

Arwyn, my little Christmas Elf!

Love love love snuggling with this little cutie!


Yep, got this guy wrapped around my finger!

Christmas Cousins!

The only reason we got her to wear anything besides her sundress was because Santa brought these special Christmas outfits early, and gifts and instructions from Santa were temporarily more important than everything else!

Bedtime reading of The Night Before Christmas with Nana!

Emmett and his new Christmas Elephant!

Kishka kisses!


Loves her Poppy snuggles!

Hey there Uncle John, you look different from this angle!






No comments: