Monday, November 2, 2015

Arwyn Week 18: 4 Months Flies By - 10/22/2015

Arwyn had a huge milestone this week.  Not only did she turn 4 months old, but she also started sleeping through the night (and I'm talking an adult definition night, 10-12 hours straight with no feeds)!  She's consistently inconsistent with sleep patterns, so I wasn't holding my breath, but it seems to have stuck!  Josh and I also had our first days back at work, so Arwyn had her first day at school.  She did very well and was happy as a clam, as I knew she would be, little miss mellow.

Josh and I also each had our first days home alone with both kids while the other was at work (well, I guess my first was back in August, but this was first for our new work schedules).  Anyway, it is still difficult to not have help, but Leia has adjusted to her roll as big sister a little more than in August, so she was able to step up to the plate and be a little more helpful.  When it was time to do Arwyn's sleep routines, Leia knows them well (same as hers), so she wanted to help.  She came in the room with me and helped me sing the songs, then when it was the quiet/shushing time, she let herself out and closed the door behind her.  I didn't even tell her to do that, she just knew...I about fell over in shock!  She is also so cute with Arwyn when she goes through all her animal picture cards.  Pulls out each one, shows it to Arwyn and tells her the name of the animal.  "Look Arwyn, this is the fish.  Look Arwyn, this is the horse."  Such a good sister!

Finding new ways to entertain ourselves while Daddy is at work!

Luckily Arwyn is such a good sport, it really takes a high level of abuse before she gets pissed off!

Making a new bed for Arwyn!

"Um Mom, are you paying attention here?? She's trying to sit on me!"

Riding in their "car."

Yep, Leia's a little bit bigger then Arwyn when she tries to lie in the basket!  In fact we measured her and she's about 37", already an inch taller than in July!!

With Leia carrying one end of the basket, it's kind of like a trust fall exercise!


I'm trying out a new format for the videos.  Enter the password below to movie to see Arwyn's Wild Ride!

Arwyn's Wild Ride from Katharine Transue on Vimeo.

Movie Password = Arwyn

She's so interesting in everything, even the bag of blocks...a big roll and a reach to try to grab it!

People are starting to say we look alike...

Mommy and Arwyn in the mirror is definitely worth a big smile!




Likes her new bath tub that let's her sit up straighter!

I'm clean!


Big girl is already turning 4 months!



We are so lucky to have a happy one here!

Love!

Smiley!

Wait, how old does this sign say I am?




4, ok, I can live with that.

Now let's see, how many fingers is that?

My budda belly is growing in nicely; life is good!

Daddy snuggles!

Happy girl on her first ever Daddy Day!

First day of school with her awesome teacher Lynsey!  She looks nervous, but she was actually smiling and happy when I left her.

Josh's first Daddy-Double Daughter day!

Much needed date night at Graham's...this pinot was delicious and so was our dinner!

She loves finding new outfits in the closet...I hope we haven't inadvertently created a clothing monster when she's a older!

Leia found my wedding shoes and was so excited that we had matching "Party Shoes"!

What a goof...when she's smiling like this, life is good!


She never likes me to do her hair, but today it was ok because she wanted the bow!

Enter the password below to check out Leia's Halloween Boo Fest!


Movie Password = Leia





No comments: