Tuesday, July 31, 2018

L&A Years 4&2 Week 51: Gymnastic Presentations Week - 6/14/2018

Arwyn likes her nicknames, and this week was funny because she was a little annoyed with me for calling Leia something that she thought was reserved just for her:  "Mommy, I'm bubby.  Leia not bubby."  "Well, Leia is bubby sometimes too, but she is not Googie Woobie, only you are Googie Woobie."  That satisfied her.  Arwyn is still on her independence streak, so I'm constantly hearing, "I can figure it out!"  It's actually a really good thing that she wants to try to solve her own problems and figure it out without my help.  It's just that sometimes I worry that I will find poop all over the place!  But hey, you have to learn some time!  I can tell that Arwyn is learning about emotions in her class at school, because she's really good at telling us when she's feeling frustrated.  "I'm getting very frustrated right now!" she'll say, or "I'm feeling sad about that."  It's so great that she can label her emotions so well!  I got to go watch Arwyn's gymnastics class presentation this week.  She did such a great job!  I was really impressed by how strong she was to be able to hold herself up for a handstand for a long time.  Arwyn is doing much better with sleep time this week.  It's still hard to get her to calm down, and she's trying so many excuses to keep us in the room, but she pretty much stays in bed one we leave (mostly thanks to the sleep pillow, and being extra tired and crashing almost immediately).  Big news for the week: Arwyn rode her pedal bike with training wheels all by herself this week, without needing to be pulled!!  Hooray!

Leia also did a great job at the gymnastics show, way better than ballet.  She's very good at all the stations, and strong, but she does like to just rush through it like it's a race, so she doesn't always do her best job.  I have been going to see Leia on my breaks at work for Mommy Time, which is helping so much with her general behavior at home.  However, she's starting to cry every time I have to leave, which she hasn't done in over a year, so the regression is a little surprising, but at the same time not really, since she clearly was lacking in attention, so she's super sensitive about the amount of time she gets now that she's getting some.  She also checks to see if I'm going to see Arwyn or just her, which definitely makes her feel more special when I say just her.  While her behavior is doing better, TV is still a problem, and she's hitting now when she gets really mad about stuff.  The other days she had a complete breakdown when I told her she had to pick up 5 more things before she could watch TV.  She had kind of gotten into the cleaning mode earlier, when she had me put on some music to jam to, but all of a sudden she decided to move on, and 5 more things was too much.  We went to K Camp orientation this week, and Leia got her very first bus pass!  She was so excited to learn all about how to scan it when getting on and off.  Leia got really into her imaginative play this week when she started pretending to be a doctor.  She got down to the most intricate details when she was casting up her little figurines with paper casts and glue.  And after the procedure was over, Doc McLeia was just like a real doctor, and did not want to clean up after herself!


My Arbonne Healthy Living take on Huevos Rancheros, using quinoa instead of tortillas...yum!

Doc McLeia had a big day in the operating room this morning, and believe me, the Elmer's Glue was flying!

Per usual, she balked when when I asked her to clean up her mess, so I told her the biggest lie: "you know Leia, doctors always clean up after their own messes!"  She didn't fall for it!


Elsa and Anna all bandaged up and good as new!

Last swim lesson of the season, and Arwyn is doing great!  So comfortable in the water, with very strong kicks.

She loves a good water slide!



My little tinker bell is so graceful!

I just love that sweet face.

When my girls started liking pink, all my friends got such a kick out of making fun of me.  Turns out pink isn't so bad.  But this, this is my worst nightmare!



The Princess decided to rope me in to pull her in her chariot, and she insisted on the super thin string...ouch!  Slave driver!

So fired up to see Arwyn pedaling down the street on her bike all by herself, no pulling help needed!  She's also grown to tall that we took off the pedal risers!

This kids LOVES her Arbonne smoothies! Smoothie mustache, yum!


I don't ever risk walking into the rooms of my sleeping children, for fear of waking them up, so I don't get to see them sleeping too much.  So this was a very rare view of my sweet baby snuggled in and out cold!

Josh has been building beds for the girls.  Both are still works in progress, but the girls are giving Arwyn's jungle treehouse a little test run here.


Arwyn's gymnastics performance...great hand placement, ready to blast off!

Boing!  Nice height, and great form!


Such strong arms to keep that head off the ground for so long!

Perfect balance!

Good height and great spins on the trampoline.



She's definitely got the stretches and yoga poses down pat!


The spotlight is on Arwyn...so flexible!


Checking in to make sure I'm still watching!


Waiting patiently on her waiting star!

Easily navigating the parallel bars.

Love that little "show-off" pose...stick out those hips, girl!

Up on stage proudly receiving her ribbon.  They said she was super strong, with which I definitely agree!


Arwyn's class from left to right: Coach Yasco, Julia, Ryder, Luna, Soren, Arwyn, and Coach Anton.


Arwyn showed off her precision gymnastics skills, as well as her strong body, as she very adeptly navigated all the different stations.


Leia's got great balance and a no fear attitude, especially when it comes to gymnastics!

Great hand placement, great bounce!

Going for the advanced move...a backwards somersault!

Cheating a little on that handstand there, Miss Leia!  Get those hands back!

Excellent balance and agility to step over the obstacles.

Bear crawl!

Proudly receiving her ribbon!

Leia's gymnastics class: back row: Coach Yasko, don't know, Jacob, Giselle; Middle: Rhea, Fletcher, Leia, Zane, Coach Anton, Front: don't know.

Leia was a total speed demon as she raced around the different gymnastics stations.  So confident and athletic!


My cutie pie little ballerina showing off her new skills after her very first day in ballet class!

She was so excited to finally be able to join the class.  "PliĆ© and up!"

After her small fumble last week, Leia is back on her game and showing off those awesome ballet skills that we always love to see!

Patiently waiting for their ice creams!

Leia was the best dressed student for Flag Day today!

Hanging out with friends at the Fathers' Day Ice Cream Social.  Sad our Dad couldn't be there with us.

I scream, you scream, Arwyn screams for ice cream!

At K Camp orientation getting photographed for Leia's very first Bus Pass!


Checking out the bus and learning how to scan her ID.


Arwyn is very jealous that she can't go to K Camp too.

Luckily for them, they will not be riding buses long term, so riding on a school bus will probably never lose it's magic for these two.

Me and my proud K Camper!


Nice big sister, letting Arwyn try the scanner out too.

And while we're at the new school, might as well take advantage of the fun playground...watch out Leia!

Balance masters.

That is one happy camper!

That slide is actually really steep!








No comments: