Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Arwyn Week 46: First Tooth! - 5/5/2016

Arwyn finally got her first tooth this week.  She refuses to let me touch her mouth and face in general, so I had a very hard time getting a picture, and the only reason I even figured out that she got the tooth was because she decided to bite me with it!  She's also been in a little "testing Mommy" phase all week, with constant bites and little guilty smiles.  The milk stops instantly when that happens, so hopefully we'll nip this little habit in the bud right away.  Arwyn has also decided that she loves walking (with adult help).  It is her favorite thing to do, as evidenced by the huge smile and happy shrieks and grunts, and if you try to sit her down and stop helping her, she starts crying and freaking out until you let her walk again.  She's totally addicted!  With her drive, motivation and coordination, I think she'll be walking on her own very soon!

Leia finally let me brush and braid her hair this week, which was awesome since we normally only get it brushed twice a week after her baths!  She looked really cute, and it was so nice not to have all that ratted hair in her face.  She and I had a couple really fun days without any tantrums.  After one particularly fun morning when she was pretending to be the Mommy and I was the girl getting driven around and put to bed, and all the normal stuff I do to her, she says to me over lunch, "Mommy, I had a lot of fun with you this morning."  It so sweet for me to hear that, and amazing that she's able to communicate that to me like that.  Big smiles on my face after that.  She took a big spill over at Nana's one day, and got two huge scrapes on both knees.  Nana got them all bandaged up, but she got home and being the brilliant actress that she is, she put on quite the show.  Standing there in an awkward, stiff legged position, she says to me, "Mommy, I hurt both my knees so I can't play.  I'm going to have to sit on the couch all afternoon."  Of course we didn't let that happen, and she just spent the next few days going back and forth between wincing in pain and running around like nothing was wrong.  She's tough, just sometimes likes to pretend she's not!  She impressed me at a school the other day when we were washing our hands on arrival.  She always fights me at home and does a pretty rushed job of it, but at school, all of a sudden she busts out this full surgeon style routine.  She was scrubbing the fronts and backs and between the cracks for quite awhile, then she used the back of her hand to turn the water on, did a full rinse, carefully shut off the water, and then gently dried with the paper towel.  And in the midst of it all she asks me, "Is this how you do it at work Mommy?"  I replied yes, and couldn't suppress the chuckle.

Two more big "wow's" for the week.  We always used to look at alphabet letters, and say who's name started with that letter.  We hadn't done it in a very long time, and all a sudden Leia grabs the letter "J" off the fridge and stays to me, "Is this for Uncle John?"  So smart!  Then later she busts out some newly acquired ballroom dancing skills, repeating the words "Step, step, slide; Step, step, slide" while performing the motions.  Couldn't believe my 2 year old picked up ballroom dancing all of a sudden, and I assumed it must have been something from school.  Then a few days later while watching her favorite Jake and the Neverland Pirates TV show, it turns out the Jake, Izzy, and Cubby were teaching Hook to dance in one of the episodes!  I swear, she learns so many great things from that show, plus it's been great for her imaginary play, and it makes her like pirates...seriously the best show ever!

"Look at me Mom, I can get up on this stool just like Leia!"

Big grins about her successful stool climbing mission!

"Scary Daddy" waffles courtesy of our Kolpek Christmas present!

Cutest win-win situation ever...Arwyn loves being at the helm and Leia loves being in charge of pulling her little sister around!

Neighborhood gang on wheels!

Arwyn loves trying to walk so much that she gets pissed when you try to stop helping her!

Password = Arwyn



Sister love!

Hasn't mastered the dual mirror technique for back of head viewing, so she likes me to take pictures and show her.

Loves her new braid so much, she'll actually "smile" for the camera to document it!

Little goof!

Leia's bedtime reading...

It is so great how much Leia loves her little sister, I just hope it stays that way!

The definition of cuteness!

When you turn feel good music up loud, it's hard not to just let loose with great dance moves!

Password = Leia



Tears were shed, but the first tooth was officially documented!

This little monkey just loves putting her new climbing skills into action!

She's so proud of her inventive new way of sitting in this chair...it's now her favorite place to be when playing in Leia's room!

Arwyn's getting large and in charge!

Never ending fun to decorate your bed with heart stickers: it's fun to stick them in the first place, you get to celebrate valentines day all over again, and when you don't want to nap, you can pull them off and stick them all over your face and hair!

Arwyn is finally getting big enough to try out all her sister's fun stuff!

Password = Arwyn




No comments: