Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Arwyn Week 25: Santa's Lap - 12/10/15

Arwyn got to meet Santa this week.  She liked him a lot more than Leia did; just another nice place to sit and hang out!  She's doing this crazy whipping of her head back and forth this week, and I don't know why.  I try to imitate it, and the force and speed that she uses hurts my head, so it makes me wonder what the heck is going on, but it doesn't seem to bother her at all.  Babies are crazy!  She's also doing the cutest little flirting smiles with her Daddy.  She looks at him, turns away really quickly, then looks back with this shy smile, and looks away.  He laughs so hard every time.  She's getting much stronger with her push-ups, but still not really experimenting with her knees yet.  I tried not giving her the acid reflux medication for a few days, but she definitely started spitting up more until I got her back on it, so I guess she still needs it.  Hopefully that tummy of hers settles down soon.

Leia has been doing lots of really cute morning singing and talking that we hear in the monitor.  Her song selection has really expanded, especially considering all the songs she just makes up, and her imaginative play and conversations with monkey have really exploded again.  She's getting much better about being quiet when we put Arwyn to sleep.  She helps sing for a little, and then she sneaks into her little hiding place behind the rocking chair and just waits silently for me to finish.  It's so much nicer when she's cooperative and helpful like that.  She was also so much better about the whole TV thing this week, thanks to our little break last week.  It's not the first thing that she asks for anymore, and if she does ask, its much easier to distract her with some fun pretend play.


Modeling the PJ's with the goofy matching hat...yes, I deserve a tongue sticking out for this one!

This big guy seems nice, and I like sitting here and having everyone look at me!

So much stress seems to come standard with the Christmas holiday; I feel like such a grinch. Then I see this, and it makes me smile!

Not quite ready to tell Santa what she wants for Christmas, but happy to show him all the cool stuff she already has...like her favorite purple spikey ball.

I haven't sat with Santa in a very long time!!  I hope I get what I asked for!

First time decorating Christmas cookies, or any cookies for that matter!


Expertly placing the Christmas tree balls just so.


Ta-da, a masterpiece!



It's really a special day when you get to decorate Christmas trees with Santa!

Always cheerful, even if she gets screwed out of her naps or tortured by Leia.

Exhibit A, getting tortured by Leia.  "She wants to come under the table Mommy!"




Checking out the new climbing wall at gymnastics.

Pretty much made it to the top before she got nervous.

Balance beam over the snake pit of doom...she's got it!

First hula hoop! And yes, Mommy was able to give a decent demonstration.

Tried out the kettle bells like Nana and Poppy do at their gym.  Oooo, so heavy!

Thank goodness we had a reason to wear the new leotard from MumMum in the manner it was intended to be worn!


Yay, Daddy's home!

She loves her stand-ups!



No comments: