Monday, April 9, 2012

Playing with the Northstar Ski Team 3/23/12

I finally was about to pick up my free spouse pass at Northstar, so I headed over there with Josh one gorgeous day to see what all the hype has been about this season. Let me tell you, all the rumors are true: Northstar has tons of long, steep, runs with great grooming and great snow. I brought my GS skis, and was able to rip some fast arcing turns for the first time this season, which was a blast. It was also crazy to realize how much the place has changed since the last time I was there over 15 years ago! And, the best part was in the afternoon, I got to accompany Josh's group of 8 year old ski racers out on a little nordic skate ski adventure. It was pretty cool because the Nordic Center was right up at mid-mountain, so we just skied right over, switched into different boots, and set out on the trails. We went a total of 6k round trip out to the Caboose Hut, and while some of the kids might have whined a bit, I sure had a blast! All in all, a fun day over at Northstar, where we were "not exactly roughing it."


Josh playing around with very skinny skis and very tall poles!


This little cutie was Emma, a ripping little athlete when she wants to be.


And Emily here was the best skate skier of the bunch, totally comfortable and natural on her feet, and even able to go fast enough to keep up with me!


Me after a great skate...I think those poles were taller than me!

No comments: