Monday, January 18, 2010

Gettin' Some Back Country Powder

Heather and I headed to the West Shore last Friday for a little back country skiing up Jake's Peak. Weather was great, conditions were great and safe, and we found some really fun powder turns just a few days after a relatively small storm. It was a blast! I did tire myself out a bit though, seeing as it was my first hike of the season and I broke trail the whole way, all 2 hours and 40 minutes of it! Can't wait to get out there again...



Heather stripping down on the hot hike up.


Me skinning up with the lake coming into view.


Looking back on the skin track and lake view from the top.


Random dude who liked the skin track that I set!

Beautiful view of South Shore from the top of Jake's Peak.



Yay, I made it!


Heather preparting for the final push to the summit...


...by boot pack.


Katharine and Heather enjoying a great lunch from the top of the world.


Looking south.


Katharine getting psyched for the coming powder run!


Some surrounding peaks to the southwest.


More peaks and pretty views...Heather knows all the names, but I forget.


Heather celebrating her awesome powder turns!


Powder turns right down to the lake...what a great run!


1 comment:

Jackson Family Robinson said...

nice breath, lets take a west shore tour in early May when I am around for Meg's wedding!

Trev