Wednesday, October 3, 2018

L&A Years 5&3 Week 3: Arwyn Is Officially Potty Trained - 7/12/2018

Leia finished up a fantastic vacation by really impressing us with her artwork.  We had started a conversation about skiing, and Josh was trying to teach her about visualization, and how that would translate to improving her skiing skills.  But Leia took it a different direction, namely her art: "I have to picture it in my mind, and then do it.  I see it in my brain." And what came out of her brain was one of the most accurate and advanced pictures she's ever drawn, and it was a picture of a skier.  So her visualization came out on paper rather than onto the ski hill, which is fine since there's no snow now anyway!  Leia was really sad in the airport when it was time to leave her cousins.  She was practically inconsolable, just like when Grandma leaves.  We came home to our cozy house, and the new beds that Josh has been working so hard on.  One night he commented on the bed, "I want to look at that bed.  It's almost like a brilliant artist came here."  "Dad, it's you who's the brilliant artist!" said Leia.  Well that sure made Josh's night!  Leia's current favorite TV show is Barbie Rockstar, and she's declared, "I'm going to be a rockstar when I grow up!"  So now she's practicing singing into her pretend microphone every night in bed.  Leia loves to play fantasy games, and she's so good at setting up the scene to get everyone else up to speed about what she wants to happen.  "Ok, let's pretend...and I'll be the...and you be..."  Luckily Arwyn is usually ok with what Leia wants, but we'll see how much longer that lasts.  Leia spent the whole San Diego trip singing "party in the USA" with her headphones on, but she sounded horrible because she she was just learning the song, and with her headphones on she can't hear herself.  But it was all worth it, because now she's finally got it down and singing really well!  Practice makes perfect.  She still loves singing to the Music Together songs in the car, and always asks me afterwards, "Mommy, did you hear how well I blended in?"  So cool that she's aware of how she sounds and tying to blend in with the correct pitch and tone.  She always yells at me not to sing because I don't blend in, and I mess up her pretty song!  She had a great time at Levi's party, and didn't even have a fight with her friend Mackenzie until it was time to leave anyway, so that worked out well for me.  And I was so happy because she actually cooperated with leaving before cake was served because I told them I had their cupcakes and they could eat it in the car.

Arwyn also impressed us with her artwork on the last night of San Diego.  She was making fans, "I fold it back and back," (aka, back and forth).  The thing was, Josh claims to only have showed her how to do that one single time a few weeks back, but her skills were great!  With Arwyn and Leia sharing a room on our trip, there were a lot of bedtime singing duets, long after they were supposed to be quiet.  But it was pretty cute.  Arwyn also played really well with the other kids at Levi's party.  I was amazed at how much "adult time" I actually got!  And she even did a pretty darn good job with eating her cupcake in the car, and not making a complete mess.  Somewhere in the last few weeks, Arwyn has officially potty trained.  I don't even remember the last time she came home with poopy underwear, and I have stopped having to preemptively ask her to use the potty all the time.  She can hold it pretty well, and she's good at recognizing the urge on her own.  Sometimes I can tell that she needs to go and she needs a little reminder, but she's clearly able to hold it better in order to have gotten to that point.


Happy 4th of July from the Lange Clan!

Let's get silly!!


With at least 4 people making Arbonne smoothies every day, this little blender sure got a workout!



Another look at this gorgeous salt water hot tub and pool that was ours for a week!

The kids just couldn't get enough pool time!


Loved the little built-in kiddie pool shelf...Hi Arwyn!


Jordan and Arwyn lining up their water balloon ammo!

Emmett loved his "air time"!

Pretty sweet spot to relax and put your feet up!

When you live in a mild climate, you can have this sweet outdoor set-up!

Uncle Kole was enjoying a nice outdoor breakfast.

Uncle John making up a nice breakfast in this sweet chef's kitchen!


Here we go, time for some surf lessons!

Long flight of steps to get down to this beach!


I don't know why real surfing is so much harder than wake surfing, but it is!  I did have fun trying to figure it out, but I sure took a beating!


Not surprisingly, Jordan was the most successful surfer of the group.  With her great balance, light weight, and athletic strength, she was able to pop right up and stay balanced!


Back to our first beach for our final beach session on our last day.

Group effort to turn Leia into a mermaid!


Uncle Josh is really good at sand sculptures!



Nice tail Leia!

Had to document my dream pantry!!


I generally find at least one thing I'd change about a kitchen setup if I were to build my dream kitchen, but this one was pretty much right on!




Some of Leia's amazing artwork from the last night.


This was a whole new style for her that we hadn't previously seen.  This was a "sun down" I believe.

The proud artist showing off her work.



Living room art studio.

Leia's skier.  She had it pictured in her mind, and then she drew it!




The artist in action.


Birthday cards for cousin Carter!  Happy Birthday!

These girls love their big cousin!



3 cuties!

Completely inconsolable about the fact that her cousins were leaving.

When you don't want vacation to end, just wear your bathing suit all day on the plane!


Leave it to my awesome little treasure hunter to find this Arbonne tea bag wrapper (and throw it away) in a busy airport: "Look Mommy, Arbonne!"



My strong helper was actually able to pull the bags off the carousel this year!


Connected at the hip (and the daisy chained headphones)!


Are these two the cutest, or what?



Exhausting day and week...konked out on the way home from the airport!

Home sweet home at the Transue Amusement Park!

Why do I always get home from a great vacation feeling like I need a vacation?!

When you aren't quite tall enough to reach the slack line helper.

The wiggle slack line can be a little daunting, especially when your support system is also a little awkward and wiggly!  Arwyn was not too happy to do this without my hand!

Love to watch this little fairy fly up the climbing wall!  And she's finally ok with wearing the harness!

Love it when Leia is motivated to climb up and hit the bell!

Everything tastes better with a little Silver Spring mustard, even quesadillas and cauliflower!?


Seriously, she just eats this stuff right out of the squeeze pouch!


Leia spent our entire Del Mar vacation learning to sing Party in the USA at the top of her lungs.  Here's a quiet version when she doesn't have her headphones on, and can actually hear her own voice.  Sounds much better!

Only a couple spills of this melty ice cream cup cake...thanks for trying to be neat!

Here's an example of a typical treasure hunting day for Leia...found all this in her school backpack!

Hug train!

I just love it when they are so cute and snuggly!



Dinner lounge attire for this cool cat!






No comments: