Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Arwyn Week 90: Arwyn Loves Laptime - 3/9/2017

Arwyn's new word is "fah-tee" or feather, and she seems to be afraid of them!  There was one on the ground in the hall for awhile and she would cry and not walk past it.  And this week there has been a big red one in the dining area that creeps her out; she keeps pointing at it and yelling.  And don't even try to tickle her with it!  Arwyn has started to pretty much refuse to eat most meals unless she's sitting in my lap.  I was all annoyed about it and trying to break the habit, but then I realized that she just loves to sit in laps at all times of the day.  When I dropped her off at school the other day, the first thing she did was run over to Heather and insist on sitting in her lap.  I may just need to provide more lap time at other times in the day if I want to break the mealtime lap thing, or maybe I shouldn't worry about it because at least she's eating!  Arwyn had her first time of telling her dad to shut up this week.  He was singing or talking or something and she goes up to him him and says "Daddy, shhhhhh!" with her finger to her lips.  It was pretty funny.

Leia's newest skill is a more complex understanding how her actions affect other people, and vise versa.  They learned in school about filling other people's buckets, so now every action gets put in the context of filling or emptying buckets, and she is constantly asking me if the stuff she is doing is filling or emptying my bucket.  It's a nice change of pace to have her actually acknowledge and be concerned about whether she is doing something that pisses me off or makes me happy.  The other day she told me that I emptied her bucket when I got upset and lost my temper (of course, she was clearly emptying my bucket at the time, or possibly it was Arwyn's fault), but anyway, I apologized for my behavior and asked how we should fill up her bucket again, and she said hugs.  So she, Arwyn, and I all had a great big group hug, and it was really sweet.  Another day driving to school we got stuck behind a slow truck, and I was complaining how it was going to make us late.  We were finally able to pass him, and Leia commented that passing that truck filled her bucket, but only a little.  I was really impressed that she was able to get the concept of different things having different levels of good.  Passing a truck lifts the spirits a little, but it's not the best thing in the world.  The whole bucket thing has definitely made her much more aware of good and bad things in her life, so it's been funny watching her acknowledge some of the good stuff.  When something goes right, S\she loves to say, "I love this day!" or "This is the best day!"  

The avalanches off our steeply pitched roof are always big, but this season they've gone to a whole new level...one took out our satellite dish, and now they are sliding around the corning and filling up under the deck!

Hope these posts are strong!

Leia's house is totally buried, and I think the roof is caving in a bit...it will be interesting to see all the things that spring and summer bring!

If you're happy and you know it, run and shout!

Little Rockstar!

Arwyn was scared to death of big sister's driving!

She's getting very good with her ball handling and throwing skills!

Love the giggles and smiles!

Arwyn loves to build towers just to knock them right down and build them up again!

Oh boy, Arwyn's got her eyes on that delicious looking dinosaur and volcano cake!

Fun dinosaur themed birthday party for Leia's friend Kailyn at the KidZone Museum.

Arwyn loves the handkerchief wind tunnels at the museum!


I guess nothing's changed since she was a baby, you can still tell Arwyn is happy when she sticks her tongue out!

Anxiously awaiting the presents!

Kailyn was so cute, she made everyone be quiet and pay attention while she put on a little musical story telling show that she made up all by herself.


Not too sure what it is about a slide that always beckons children to use it in reverse!

The shovel that just quit!

Oh no, we are trapped in Queen Elsa's Ice Palace!

Pretty happy with herself after eating and destroying her new dinosaur stamp!

So much snow and it's still coming down!

Mmmm, snow tastes so good!


Still trying to get someone to ski the line off our roof...just one small mandatory air!

Winter wonderland.

Laughing...

...and loving.



Leia stole my phone and took over the picture taking!

Love it when they are both happy and smiling!

Women's World Cup at Squaw...opening ceremony parade (Leia got to walk with the Northstar Ski Team athletes, but I forgot to snap a shot, can you believe it?)

Rygg's are finally back in Squaw for a visit...Arwyn really enjoyed playing with Baby Sabrina!

Aria and Leia were in weird developmental stages when they met this summer, so they didn't totally hit it off, but this trip, these two discovered how much they have in common and were inseparable besties!

Pink ping pong punks!

This little cowgirl plays her guitar while she serves up a mean starfish supper!



No comments: