Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Arwyn Week 60: Arwyn Kisses! - 8/11/2016

Arwyn has been very into climbing since the moment she figured out how, but most recently she figured out how to climb up on the "kid's table" to reach all the stuff that we try to put out of her reach on the "big table."  It doesn't matter how many times we pull her off and tell her "no," she's up there again 2 seconds later!  We have to find a new out-of-reach spot for these things, but I'm sure she'll figure how to climb up to the next spot too!  Unfortunately, she's also been falling off these things that she loves to climb.  She loses track of where she is, and loses her concentration when she's gotten to the goods, and next thing you know, "thump!"  I guess she's going to have to fall a few times to figure out that she needs to be more careful.  Arwyn has also started giving me these hilarious open mouth kisses at bedtime, followed by a really tight, strong hug.  She just does it over and over, and it's so sweet how much she loves to show us how much she loves us.  She has been walking a ton, and it's so funny to watch the way her little body moves when she walks.  The other day she stole the bottle of sunscreen, had it clutched up under her arm, and was marching around with it like a proud little soldier...too cute!  She also made her first real "lip pucker" kiss with the characteristic kissing sound this week.  We always do it to Leia and her, and she was so proud to figure out how to do it properly back (rather than the open mouth type kisses that she did before).  Now she won't stop, so we get so many great kisses and hugs from her all the time.  She really loves us, which sure does melt your heart and make you feel good!

Leia had some real "big girl" moments this week.  First, she demonstrated some amazing comprehension and translation from one concept to another when we were in the car one morning listening to a song from our music class CD called "Leaves are Falling".  She says, "Mommy, I'm going to draw this song.  This is a leaf that is falling."  And she proceeded to draw her version of it on the notebook she's been carrying around constantly.  I just about fell out of my seat!  She's been drawing a lot in general lately, always asking us how to draw something and then trying to do it herself.  She's also done some great multi-media art.  The other day she made a masterpiece on a piece of paper with all sorts of her different treasures.  She says, "I just sprinkled it on."  Spoken like a true artistic genius!  She made me laugh one morning when she was calling me to come get her up.  After a few times of me not instantly responding to "Mommy," she tried something else: "Kafrine, Kafrine.  I'm ready to get up now, Kafrine."  Little turkey!  She also told me one day, "I just put squeezie on my owie.  Squeezie makes everything better." Based on how much she eats them and how happy they make her, I'd say that statement is pretty accurate.  I had parent-teacher conference this week, and they gave Leia glowing reviews.  But I had to chuckle when they said this: "She's very considerate of other's feelings and always helps the other upset kids find their lost treasures on the playground."  Yep, she's always up for a chance to help to find treasure!  Leia has so many shoes and clothes, and yet somehow, she still thinks she needs more.  This week she was so jealous of Arwyn's "glass slippers" (aka clear jelly sandals) that she wouldn't stop asking for a pair for herself, and kept trying to cram her feet into Arwyn's.  I finally told her that we could count all the money in her piggy bank, and if she had enough, she could buy a pair with her own money.  She helped separate all the "pennies" into the different piles (i.e. quarters, pickles, dimes, and real pennies), and when I counted just the dollars and quarters, she had $22.  For some stupid reason I agreed to drive into town at 5:00 on a Sunday, but of course there were no jellies in Truckee, and she just wanted to spend her money on everything she saw.  Tantrums ensued, but I finally got her home, and we ordered some slippers off the Internet.  To be continued...


We had two very important helpers on our early morning waterski session with Dan and Poppy!

First run of the season for Poppy, and he was ripping it up!

Staying warm, snuggly, and safe!

Picnic lunch at Squaw Park.

Password = Arwyn

Arwyn is walking so fast and confidently it's hard to keep up!


As much as I hate it when she rifles though my stuff, Leia did find this little silver and turquoise bracelet that was actually just her size...I would have forgotten about it until it didn't fit, I'm sure.

The title of this piece is: "I just sprinkled it on!"

Coloring sea shells.  She's trying to make art with everything these days!



Me and my pond army...watch out for Arwyn on the chair cannon!

She's figured out how to actually scoop up sand with her shovel and dump it!

Oh yeah, fired up for play time!

What will she water next, my foot, the sand, or her sister's head??

My little watering buddy, helping me keep Daddy's garden alive while he's gone!

Sprinklers are always fun!

A couple of muddy spills later...good thing she was wearing a helmet!

Loving her new princess slippers from Sabrina!

Yep, loving the shoes so much they were approved for nighttime sleepwear!

Leia loves playing with my coworker Jen when she's at school...and I get updates and pictures all day long!

Daddy sleeping in his tent...

...and Leia resting in hers too.

Watch out for the Googie Monster, she's fast!


Taking a little break in the shade after a fun swim in the pond.

After getting a little jealous of all the Arwyn pictures I take, Leia has started to pose and request I take pictures of her!

Another cute model shot set up by photo director Leia.

Charging face forward down the stairs!

Princess Arwyn and her glass slippers!


Finally starting to figure out how to properly use a kaleidoscope!




No comments: