Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer Ski Camp at Whistler

I headed up to Whistler to see Josh at the end of July. I got to relive my glory days of being a ski racer again with a couple days of GS training up on the glacier with his WAX summer ski camp. It was awesome, and it turns out I can still make turns...but I'll need a bit more training before I can make my big come-back!


The summer camp scene at the top of the glacier was totally hopping.


Awesome view of the valley from the top of the course.


Josh's dad, Bruce, making sure all the boys were staying out of trouble...but how does that work when he IS trouble!!??


Katharine and Josh riding one of the 3 chairlifts (plus a bus ride) that we had to take to get up to the snow.


Coach Josh.


Now he's being silly again...no more kids around!


Summer chair rides sure are spectacular... And you get to play Chair Lift Golf...


Another great view from the Lift.


Josh was the victor of the 1st Annual WAX Frisbee Golf Tournement... Check out that form!


And Jonathan (our new friend from Whistler) was a close runner up.


Leave it to Whistler to have the coolest frisbee golf course anywhere...check out the views!


Despite her perfect form here, Katharine was not in the running at this year's tournement...I'll be back!


Katharine and Josh at the top of the world.


Jonathan was also enjoying the chair ride antics.


On the last day we took a ride on the famous Peak To Peak Gondola...very cool!


Thank you to my cute tour guide!


And check out this handsome hunk with his snazzy new hat...you never know who you'll find at a foreign outdoor cafe!

No comments: